Thursday, November 29, 2007

lost and found

i'm enjoying my job, my life in the airforce.
but i'm still missing something in my life.
somehow i feel incomplete.
i can say i'm happy with what i am, with what i have.
but i'm still incomplete.
this week has opened up my eyes to many things.
work's been good, my colleagues are a hell of a bunch to hang out with, my superiors are fantastic esp Uncle Ben, my foreign coursemates are really helpful especially with the vast experience they have working on aircrafts but one event has made me humble myself in a sense that i should learn to appreciate things in life, be it small or big.
wednesday marked the first military funeral i have participated in.
sending off a fellow colleague, who passed away at 20.
20 mind you.
trust me, the emotions running through everyone that day was unbelieveable. we had to hold back our emotions, we had to fullfill the family's wishes, which was to give their son, a full military funeral.
seeing the pain his parents and relatives going through, i just could not help but remember my late grandfather and the emotions i had on his funeral.
i guess we did our job and his family was really grateful.
rest in peace ricky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home