Sunday, January 22, 2006

#$@&&()*

So after a long-lasting conversation with a friend last night (I didn’t club this weekend again for your information), she asked me a really commendable question considering the countless stupid ones she has asked in the past.

“Name me the three most important things in your life in no particular order.”

So I gave her a reply with such lightning speed which I guess left her flabbergasted; I could tell because there was like a colossal time of silence before the she spoke again. So I told her that it was instilled in me in all my years of growing up and therefore I knew the answers like the back of my hand. As such, I will share with you people the reasons behind my answers.

1. Family
Since I could remember, my parents have constantly reminded me the significance of family ties and that no matter what happens in my life, my family will always be there for me. Personally, I totally agree with what I was told and I definitely won’t argue with the fact that my family has always been there for me through good and bad times, even though we might have arguments due to our different opinions on certain issues and even the occasional shouting bout, or even the cold shoulder treatment we dish out to each other, at the end of the day we still love each other.

2. Religion
I might not be a hard core church going guy but I still pray alright. For me it’s simple, I don’t need to prove to people by going to church that I am a good catholic. Seriously speaking, most people go to church just to fulfill an obligation, some are worst; they go to church to gossip. Like what the fuck, gossip. You people know who you are you double faced fools. As I was saying, for me religion is something no one can take away from me unlike materialistic stuff. For me, my religion allows me to confide in “someone”, someone to turn too spiritually. Every once in awhile, I take some time to just reflect on my life, the thing I have done and this is when my religion comes in. Furthermore, at certain times in my life when I’m faced with an obstacle, I turn to my religion to help motivate me and to be my guiding light.

3. Friends
Lastly, friends, people who have helped me in one way or another in my eventful life. No amount money will be able to pay for the memories and lessons you guys have shared with me. Be it my close friends and even acquaintances, you people have managed to make my life somewhat meaningful and it’s just a pleasure to have you guys around. Although I might have a few friends who drift in and out of my life, some who take our friendship lightly and even those who truly care for me, I must say I love you guys a lot.

So now you guys try and answer the question. Take some time to search your heart for the answer. Trust me it helps you to see what are the important things in your life and not just the materialistic things.

Ps: I didn’t club this weekend again. Now who’s the discipline one? *points finger at self*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home