Saturday, October 14, 2006

time out


As I lay down on my bed last night after supper, I looked at my phone.
Scrolled to my inbox, and read the messages.
Somehow tears started to swell up in my eyes.
I tried to hold them back, but to no avail.
I tried to wipe them away, but it was pointless.
I hid under my sheets, hoping the darkness would calm me down.
But it didn’t work.
I yelled into my pillow at the top of my voice, hoping to vent my frustration.
But it didn’t work either.
I threw my phone onto my desk, hoping that I would forget about it.
Within seconds, I found myself walking over to pick it up.
I said to myself, be strong.
But deep down inside, I knew I was weak.
I said to myself, stop crying.
But tears continued to flow down my cheeks.
The delirium went on till the early morning.
I dozed off while listening to Oasis on my mp3.
The song title?
Stop Crying Your Heart Out.
I’m exhausted. Period

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home